Thursday, January 14, 2010

Upcoming Shows in Lawrence, Kansas

Here's an entry purely devoted to previewing some upcoming shows in Lawrence, Kansas. I know that in the dead of winter it feels like there are no good shows, and festivals are a long way away. But the music never dies.
Tomorrow night: Friday, January 15, 2010

Euforquestra is playing at the Bottleneck. According to Lawrence.com the show will start at 9, so it's probably not starting until 9:30 or 10. Lawrence.com does not have a price listed yet. My friend Jacob played me some of their music last night. I was impressed by the band's diverse range of sounds. From progressive rock to jazz and funk, with some reggae too, this band does it all, and they do it all well! I'm extremely tempted to check out this show, as I know the Bottleneck is a good venue for this kind of show, and I'm positive that every show this Friday is going to be great! But, some other friends are planning to check out the Irietions that same night.

The Irietions are playing at the Jackpot. Lawrence.com says the show is playing at 10, which - you guessed it - will probably not really start until 10:30 or 11. I believe I've seen the Irietions before, but I cannot say for sure. I do know that I've heard about them, and I'm confident it will be a fun show. As I already said, Friday night will be wild, as all the students are back in town, and downtown has been hopping for the last few nights. I know a few friends are going to this show, and at this intimate venue it's a relief to have some friends. If I have the spending money, I may be bold and try to come fashionably late to this show after checking out Euforquestra.

Saturday, January 16, 2010
According to Lawrence.com Deadman Flats, Bob Wayne & the Outlaw Carnies and .357 String Band are playing at the Bottleneck at 9.


Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tea Leaf Green is playing with Elmwood at the Bottleneck at 9, for $13 - according to Lawrence.com. Tea Leaf Green is a fantastic band, and a regular at Wakarusa Music and Camping Festival. I will definitely be trying to save up a little money for this show, maybe a pre-party with some friends.

Then Thursday, January 21, 2010
A band recommended to me by a friend, Jabberjosh, will be playing with Bolth at the Replay for $3. Definitely a good deal for a good show.

Then Friday, January 22, 2010
Sonic Sutra, a really cool, fun band is playing at the Bottleneck at 9. Who knows if I'll have spending money after so many great shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment